Media and Communication Online Conference 2020 (MASCOM 2020)
In light of the global pandemic situation, we warmly welcome practitioners, journalists, Social media activists, researchers, and policy makers to share their research findings in Media and Communication. The Media and Communication Online Conference 2020 (MASCOM 2020) will be held from 30th – 31st October 2020.
THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
- Social media, big data, deep mediatization and covid-19
- Languages and symbols in communicating covid-19.
- Public sector communication of covid-19.
- Political communication in covid-19 emergency
- Health Communication, Emergency, Prevention, Crisis Communication, and Environmental Studies in the Covid-19
- Covid-19 in newspaper and journalism
- Social inequalities and covid-19 urban life
- Explaining covid-19 and Media education
- Corporate communication facing covid-19 outbreak
- Screen cultures, catastrophes and the pandemic of covid-19
PROF. JOHN V. PAVLIK
[ Keynote Speaker ]
Speech Title: “Journalism’s Rebirth: News in the Time of COVID-19.”
PROF. ANDREA VOLTERRANI
[ Keynote Speaker ]
University of Rome Tor Vergata,
Speech Title: “The Digital Inclusion of Vulnerable People in the Community Development Process: A Research Action in Reggio Calabria in Southern Italy.”
PROF. ROBERT S. FORTNER
[ Plenary Speaker ]
Professor of Communication and Media
Palm Beach Atlantic University
Speech Title: “Twitter, Ethics and Civil Discourse in the Time of COVID.”
ASSO. PROF. SAHAR KHAMIS
[ Plenary Speaker ]
Associate Professor at Department of Communication
University of Maryland
Speech Title: “Reflections on COVID19, Communication Gaps, and Gender Disparities in the Arab World.”
Assoc. Prof. DR. WANG CHANGSONG
[ Plenary Speaker ]
Head of Department in Journalism and Advertising
Speech Title: “Post COVID-19 Era: the best and worst of times for Asian Screen Industries”
ADVANTAGES OF TIIKM ONLINE VIRTUAL PLATFORM:
– Avoid any travel costs
– Present virtually via Zoom
– Attend your preferred sessions in real time online
– Your presentations can be made permanently available
– You can watch every presentation, rather than a small selection
– You can publish your full papers in our book of abstracts and journal special issue
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Final Deadline For The Abstract Submission
Limited Slots Available
While you’re thinking of MASCOM 2020, we want to facilitate you with the smooth processes along with professional accurate information. If you think you’re a researcher, academician, industry expert or an enthusiastic individual in the following themes it’s time for you to prepare yourself for the conference and your presentation.
To facilitate the submission process and the subsequent follow-up process, please consider the following guidelines, information, tips, terms, and deadlines mentioned.
Early bird payment deadline: 20th August 2020
- Extended Payment Deadline: 22nd October 2020
GUIDELINES FOR THE ABSTRACT STRUCTURE
- The acceptable word range for the abstract is 175 – 275 words. The abstracts which do not meet this word limit will be sent back to the author(s) to be revised.
- Please download the abstract template and follow the format carefully. If the abstract template is not followed as is, you will be asked for revisions.
- Your submission should be in English.
- We encourage you to send an informative abstract (complete abstract) which is a summary of a paper’s substance including its background, purpose, methodology, results, and conclusion.
- Please send in a brief biography together with the Abstract.
Once you prepared your abstract according to the guidelines,
- Submit your abstract to email@example.com
- After successful submission, receipt acknowledging the abstract will be sent via an email within three working days.
ABOUT THE REVIEWING PROCESS OF YOUR ABSTRACT
- TIIKM’s double-blind peer review process is conducted by the Conference Secretariat under the guidance of the Scientific Committee Chair/ Conference Chair.
- The Scientific Committee Chair/ Conference Chair serves as the Head of the Scientific Committee and will make the final decision on abstracts.
- Scientific Committee Members are established academics who hold PhDs or other terminal degrees in their fields who have previous peer review experience.
- Every abstract will undergo a double blind peer review by an international Scientific Committee Member within two to three weeks after its receipt.
- Results of the abstract review will be sent to the author within two weeks of submission (Conditions apply if there is an emergency).
- Notices of acceptance or rejection of the paper will be sent to the author with reviewer comments.
- If revisions are required according to the reviewer comments, the revised abstract must be sent back within a week.
- If your abstract is accepted, you will be invited to register for the Conference.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE CO – AUTHORS
- Please note a single registration permits only one person to attend the conference
- If the co-authors would like to attend the conference, their registration and payment are required to be made independently.
- Co-authors will be given a discount of 15% from the Non-Presenter’s (Listener’s) registration fee.
- The certificate will be issued to co-authors upon their registration/payment for the conference.
- Please make the prior communications with the organizing committee with regard to this matter to enjoy the benefit of the discount.
FULL PAPER SUBMISSION
Following the MASCOM 2020 Conference, we provide you with the opportunity to publish your paper in a dedicated special issue. Submit your Full paper on or before 18th September 2020 (Journals will be updated soon). Submit your Full paper on or before 23rd November 2020
If you are not hearing from us
- Contact the main conference coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you do not receive an acknowledgement/follow-up email within 48 hours after your abstract submission, registration or inquiry.
- Please check your spam/junk folder prior to making inquiries regarding your concern.
- Make sure to provide your mobile phone number in your registration form along with your abstract for further communications.
Benefits for the Registration Fee
- A presentation slot of 15 minutes
- 5 Minutes of question and answer session
- Access to all online sessions
- Online networking opportunities
- Your presentation will be evaluated by the evaluation panel members
- Opportunity to publish your full paper in a special issue
- Inclusion of your presentation on the conference website
- Conference materials including the participation certificate (E – Version), Book of Abstracts (E – version) and conference program book (E- Version) will be sent via email
BOOK OF ABSTRACTS
All accepted abstracts for The Media and Communication Online Conference 2020 (MASCOM 2020) will be published in the conference abstract book.
Gain the opportunity to publish your full paper in a special issue with KnowEx Social Sciences Journal following double blind peer review process.. Submit your Full paper on or before 23rd November 2020.
The Social Science Journal
Online ISSN SSN 1873-5355
Editors Krista Lynn Minnotte, University of North Dakota
Daphne E. Pedersen, University of North Dakota
Publisher Taylor & Francis
Journal Link >>
Abstracted/Indexed in Scopus, Social Sciences Citation Index (Web of Science),Sociology of Education Abstracts, Studies on Women Abstracts and many more
SJR Score 0.333 (2018)
Inter-Asia Cultural Studies
Online ISSN ISSN 1469-8447
Managing Editor Dr. Yi-ting Lu
Publisher Taylor & Francis
Journal Link >>
Abstracted/Indexed in Arts and Humanities Citation Index; Communication and Mass Media Complete; Current Contents/Social & Behavioral Sciences; Current Contents/Arts & Humanities; Electronic Collections Online; International Bibliography of the Social Sciences; OCLC; R I L M Abstracts of Music Literature; SCOPUS; Social Sciences Citation Index; Sociological Abstracts; and Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
REGISTRATION FEES AND PAYMENT DEADLINES
ONLINE PAYMENT SYSTEM
The Online payment system is the fastest and easiest method to pay your registration fee and we recommend you to follow this method. The guidelines for the online payment system are as follows:
STEPS TO FOLLOW WHEN YOU PAY YOUR REGISTRATION FEE ONLINE,
Step 1 – Register for the conference and get the invoice with the link for the payment
Once you registered for the conference, you will be receiving an email with the invoice and customized link. You can make the payment online using the link
Step 2 – Click the below button to pay
Once you click this button online payment form will appear on your screen. Apply your registration fee in the form as per the invoice you received. Online payment system (Visa/MasterCard) requires you to add an extra 4% to the applicable registration fee as bank service charges. This 4% will be automatically added to the applicable registration fee when you are ready to make the online payment.
IF YOU COULD NOT PAY VIA YOUR DEBIT/CREDIT CARD?
Sometime you may try to pay via this method and fail. It usually happens due to the security process of the banks and means that you need to activate the card for foreign transactions.
If so, follow the below procedure to ensure that the money will be properly transferred:
1) Inform your card holding bank that your payment failed.
2) Inform the bank that you wish to perform an international payment through your card and request them to allow/ verify your card for international payments.
3) Confirm that the card has been verified and continue with the payment.
4) After you get the notification that the payment transaction was completed successfully, send a copy of the receipt for our reference.
ABSTRACTS, REGISTRATIONS AND PAYMENT INQUIRIES
Conference Secretariat: Mr. Viraj Mayadunne
#531/18, Kotte Road, Pitakotte, Sri Lanka.
Tel: +94 117 992 022
Hotline: +94 76 573 3737
Contact Person: Ms. Yasodara Pemarathne
Hotline: +94 716 087 122
TP: +94 117 992 022